Monday, February 6, 2012

Coffee Mug Quilt

I have always been interested in sewing, most likely from watching my mom doing it, but I've never been really good at it. Over the years, I've made a few misshaped, but still loved!, pillows. Then this last summer, I thought I'd concur the humongous task of making my very own quilt!
Thankfully, I had gone to the Houston Quilt Festival a few years back and found a cute bunch of coffee fabric, since I'm addicted to the stuff:)

 It's roughly twin sized, since I didn't have an abundance of fabric :/ I like the color scheme a lot, but it so doesn't fit in my entirely blue and yellow room! Haha, it's also only got a very thin layer of batting inside since I had no intention of using it as a real blanket, more of a wall hanging :)
The back is just plain white with my uneven stitching :)
(Pardon the little red string stuck to it >.< )
You can kind of see how I top-stitched a coffee mug into the center of each square to keep it all together.
Overall, I am very proud of my first quilt and I had a lot of fun making it :) Any thoughts, comments, criticism are welcomed!
Until next time, keep craftin'!
~Hope~

No comments:

Post a Comment